Products > Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Zamil Steel is committed to increase the awareness of all parties involved in the purchase of a Zamil Steel pre-engineered steel building.
For safety reasons there are precautions that need to be taken during erection.
- Make daily check on all lifting equipment.
- Make daily checks on all lifting slings, check for fraying and kinking.
- Check that all access equipment is in good condition, including scaffolding and ladders.
- Check weather conditions, strong winds are dangerous during erection and sheeting.
- Check for overhead electric lines before moving in with a crane.
- Check that all erectors have the correct personal safety equipment, hard hats, boots, safety harness etc.
- Check electric cables for hand tools, discard frayed or split cables.
- Ensure that materials are correctly stored.
- Ensure that there are sufficient guy wires on site for temporary bracing.
- Ensure that erection always starts at a braced bay.
- Ensure that permanent bracing and flange stays are installed as work proceeds.
- Ensure that high strength bolts are used where indicated.
- Ensure that high strength bolts are correctly tightened.
- Maintain a clean and tidy site, thus avoiding material loss or accidents.
- Tie down sheeting once the bundle is opened.
- Sweep roof sheeting at the end of each days work, drill swarf will corrode the panels if not removed.
- When walking on the roof, step in the valleys of the panels, not the ribs.
- Use the correct tools for the job, wrong tools will damage materials and produce poor quality work.
- Finally, take out Contractors All Risk Insurance, even the best can have an accident!