Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Zamil Industrial Investment Company (Zamil Industrial) is a leading manufacturing and fabrication group that provides products, engineering systems and services for the construction industry. Its product portfolio includes pre-engineered steel buildings (PEB), structural steel products, air conditioning systems, air cooled heat exchangers, district cooling and utility services, process equipment, transmission and telecom towers, open web joists and steel decks, process furnaces products, aerated and precast concrete products, architectural glass processing, fiberglass insulation and engineered plastic foams solutions. The company sells its products in more than 90 countries with manufacturing facilities in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Austria, India, Vietnam and Italy.
Zamil Industrial employs more than 10,000 people in 55 countries and derives 30% of its revenues from outside Saudi Arabia. For the year ended 31 December 2010, Zamil Industrial posted a turnover of SAR 4.018 billion/USD 1.072 billion, a decline of 4.4% over 2009, with net profit, after Zakat contribution, of SAR 211.1 million/USD 56.3 million. Post Zakat Earnings Per Share during 2010 dropped to SAR 3.52/USD 0.94 from SAR 3.84/USD 1.02 representing 8.3 percent decline. Shareholders' equity grew by 8.6% to SAR 1.399 billion/USD 373 million. Export sales accounted for SAR 1.112 billion/USD 297 million.
Zamil Industrial shares are actively traded on the Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul). Stock Code: 2240 - Zamil Industrial Investment Co
Corporate RoleZamil Industrial develops and supports the vision and strategic path of all its sector businesses through group-wide strategic initiatives and its "Corporate Shared Services" functions of Finance, Administration and Human Resources, Information Technology, Corporate Communications and Legal Affairs. Its objectives are closely drawn to achieve the following strategic ends:
- A commitment to new product development through the use of advanced technology and the consolidation of IT environments.
- Maintenance of the highest quality assurance standards, reflected in a range of international quality accreditations.
- The continual expansion and development of international markets, while maintaining leadership in the home market of Saudi Arabia.
- Strategic acquisitions to complement the strengths of its sector businesses.
- Strategic alliances with selected multi-national companies to increase international presence and market share.
- Investment in training and career development for employees.